Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Family June 6 4:06pm

I meant to post yesterday, but we had Owen's second appointment at Children's, so we were extremely busy all day.  So yesterday marked Owen's two month post op anniversary.  The past two months have been extremely crazy and emotional, but the end result is perfect.  Owen is everything I ever imagined and then some.  For being just over two months old, he is the bravest person I know and I am not just saying that because I am his mother. I am saying this because it is true.  The one thing I hate when people pity us. Owen is amazing and absolutely perfect despite his heart defect. We keep climbing the mountain towards his next surgery and all I think about is how proud I am of Owen for getting this far.  In my eyes we are lucky.  Lucky to have such an amazing little boy that shows us constantly how precious life is. Not to mention all the amazing people we have met on our journey so far. All the doctors and nurses in the CICU have become an important part of our family.  It's amazing to think how a group of people we had never met can become such important figures in our and Owen's lives.  I never imagined that first week of Owen being born that we would leave the hospital 6 weeks later with not just our beautiful son, but also a network of friends.  We stopped in the cicu to visit yesterday and I can honestly say it felt like being at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com